Teacher: Miss Parker
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Javed
Here you will find information about what is happening in class, what topics are being taught over the year and what homework our children are expected to complete.
- PE kits are required every Thursday. This consists of a white t-shirt, black shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms and pumps. No jewellery will be allowed.
- Swimming kits are needed every Wednesday. Children will need a swimming costume or shorts, towel, swimming cap and an appropriate bag to carry them in.
- A list of spellings will go home with the children on Mondays for them to practice at home, they will be tested the following Monday.
- Homework will be sent home on a Friday, the children need to complete a piece of homework in their homework books and an online mymaths.co.uk homework by the following Wednesday.
- Children are expected to read at home every night and to get their reading diaries signed. They must bring their reading diaries in to school every day.
We encourage the children to read as much as possible and it would be wonderful if the adults at home could help them and make sure that they understand what they are reading by asking them questions about what they are reading. We would like children to read at least three pages of their book every day and for an adult to sign their reading diary to say they have done this. The children can change their reading books when they have finished.
This half term we are investigating the heroes and villains from the past, we will be looking at various scientists and musicians that have had an impact on today's society - whether for the good or the bad.
Our theme this half term is WW1 and we will be exploring the causes of the war, what life was like in the trenches and how the war ended. The children will get to research aviation in WW1 and will get to create their own planes.
This term we are looking at our fantastic oceans! We will be investigating the famous Titanic and the different oceans of the world. We will also be looking at different life cycles and researching the work of famous naturalists. The children will get to explore the use of watercolours and the works of J.M.W. Turner.